Purchasing a new mattress can be overwhelming. Prepare yourself with these tips to help you find the mattress that is right for you.
- Do your research. Find out your different mattress options and educate yourself on what is in a mattress.
- Get clarity around what you are looking for. What do you like about your current mattress? What don’t you like? Why are you now shopping for a new one?
- If you share your bed talk to your partner and be sure to understand what he/she wants from a new mattress.
- Shop at a retailer you trust. Know your retailer’s return, exchange and warranty policy before you buy so there are no surprises.
- Try out several types of mattresses with your partner, and be sure to wear comfortable clothes. There is no substitute for laying down on a mattress to know whether or not it’s comfortable for you and your partner. We recommend you spend 10 minutes on a bed to get a true idea of how a mattress will feel when you lie on it.
- Put price in perspective. You will spend 1/3 of your life in bed, so you should look at a new mattress as an investment in yourself. Remember that a new mattress will last several years.
- Once you’ve invested in your new mattress take care of it. Your new mattress should last you several years, which means you need to care for it. Make sure you have a suitable base and use a mattress protector.
- With a new mattress you may find your spinal alignment changes and you may need a new pillow. When in-store check out your pillow options and find something that supports and compliments your new mattress.
- Make sure your fitted sheets really fit. Extra deep SleepMaker Refresh Tencel & Cotton sheets are now available through SleepMaker stockists and are designed to fit all mattress heights.